Saturday, July 01, 2006

Full day’s work – no time to spare

So I’m back in the USA for our yearly visit (without the man of the house, whom we miss VERY much!). Sorry for the extremely unexcusable LONG delay of not writing on my blog… but I’m back in the land of “motherhood reality”. Yes REALITY. I realize every year when I visit here that my life in Hong Kong is a fairy tale dream compared to living in the USA. (Funny because I’m sure most would think it’s the opposite!)

I went from recovering from jet lag with the three little ones to being knee deep in poopy diapers, dirty laundry, dirty dishes, daily swim lessons, picnics at the park, 3-in-the-bath, trips to Carls Jr for “chicken stars, my favorite”, trips to the zoo, 3-6 kids running in the backyard (neighbors have 6 y/o triplets!!!), buckling up three kids in car seats in the back of a “sports car” and who knows what else!!!

Absolutely 18-hours-a-day-all-consuming-full-time-job!!!!!!! Wow. I missed my beautiful Sri-Lankan domestic helper just about the moment I landed on US soil! But alas, I’m coping. In fact, I’m having a blast.

Here’s what I’ve realized though…there would be NO time for tea with friends, reading a book, social outings and definitely not for all the time that we spend doing our church things out here in America!!!! God has blessed us in HK with the ability to have a full-time-domestic-helper so that we can do things outside the home…of course this takes careful work to not compromise the amount of time we spend with our lovely angels.

I’m enjoying my very boring life of just hanging out with the girls!

Well, that’s all for now. I promise to write more soon =) Enjoy some pix....


Anna LOVING the horse ride!!!




















Brianna LOVING the zoo!

















Beautiful Jasmine soaking up the sun!

















The Rogers girls at the zoo!

3 Comments:

At Mon Jul 03, 01:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to report that Aaron has been 'responsible' (his own word) when you girls are away. He refused to watch the World Cup with us so to be home(by himself) and be 'responsible when the girls are away'. What does it work???haha

 
At Tue Jul 04, 02:17:00 PM, Blogger crif said...

OMG!!!!! Jasmine looks SO MUCH OLDER!!! wow... i vouch for the world cup thing - aaron was nowhere in site.

can't wait to join u in the U.S.!!!Lin n i will be in LA on Friday - then to San Diego on Wed! i'm SO EXCITED!!!!!! CARL'S JR. HERE WE COME! heehe

 
At Sun Jul 09, 04:35:00 PM, Blogger Carmen Read said...

hello there! I am missing you so much! you are your crazyness - ohhh how long will i have to wait.. booooo!! But be blessed! And there will be a cup of coffee waiting for you at the vine when you get back =) indeed missing you tons!!!!

You have such beautiful lovely wonderful children!!! mIssing there screams =D

Have an awesome time, and ill see you when you get back!! can not wait!! woo hooo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home