Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To Freedom

Okay, so I'm giving the girls a bath tonight. I took off Annabelle's (the infamous three year old) clothes and couldn't believe what I saw. SOMEHOW, she had managed to get a rubberband... (wait for it...) AROUND HER WAIST! How this happened, I cannot even begin to know. How long it had been there...no idea. But it left a huge welt mark on her belly area... I gasped and said "Annabelle, didn't this hurt you?" She just shrugged and turned around to hop in the bath.

So it made me think.... how many things in our life do we let strangle us to the point that we no longer realize they are there. How many things are we "slaves" to without realizing the impact their having on our lives. We just become DEAD to them.

I need to always remember to check all things in my life....all habits, all plans, all dreams, all tasks and be sure that they are conforming to my life as a disciple of Christ.

Galatians 5:1
Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you.

(the awesome Message)




11 Comments:

At Wed May 24, 08:42:00 AM, Blogger Derek said...

around her WAIST???

now that is crazy. can't wait to have kid stories like that for janice and i one day! woohoo!

 
At Wed May 24, 12:02:00 PM, Blogger Nat said...

I LOVE that story:):) Made me laugh A LOT!!! HA HA! She is SO CUTE! I can just imagine her looking at it, thinking, I might put this around me...then doing it and thinking "cool, it worked"! Ha ha:):) Love you - miss you heaps!!! PS how do you do that friends thing?!

 
At Wed May 24, 03:44:00 PM, Blogger Carmen Read said...

Wow..
that's crazy!!!
I just happened to pop onto your site.. and MAN PREACH IT SISTER!!
Great message, it was some thing i needed to hear (read) at this moment!
You are tooo awesome :)
Loves, x

 
At Thu May 25, 12:24:00 PM, Blogger jana* said...

hahaa LOVE it.....

 
At Fri May 26, 01:19:00 PM, Blogger Tom Read said...

haha...sorry but I just had to laugh...that is freakin hilarious. Kids eh?

 
At Sat May 27, 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

that story is classic.........I'm intrigued as to how she did it. I have a kid in my class perfect to try it out on?? you reckon it classifies as a legitimate experiment?

 
At Mon May 29, 12:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi!

didn't realise you were part ofthe whole blogging revolution too - awesome! Love your writings.

M

http://www.marknam.com

 
At Mon May 29, 03:05:00 PM, Blogger Derek said...

wow.. a whole week of not blogging???? what going on H???

 
At Mon May 29, 07:51:00 PM, Blogger HeidiHeidiJoy said...

THANKS for all the comments guys! You make blogging SO MUCH FUN!

 
At Tue Jul 18, 04:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At Thu Jul 20, 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home