Thursday, May 18, 2006

Calm in the midst of the T3

So yesterday was TYPHOON day! They called me at 8am to say "no school" for Annabelle & Jasmine. Wow. I figured we were in for a very long day in our tiny little apartment!!!!

You know what? It was one of the BEST days I've had in a long time. I mean it was quiet, it was fun, it was relaxing.... Because of the typhoon we couldn't really go anywhere, I didn't even feel like making my way down t the plaza because of the wind and rain. (You mix that with the three girls and I would have just been asking for trouble!!!!) So we hung out, watched videos, did drawings, wrote letters to friends, played Polly Pockets and ate popcorn. It was amazing.

I realized that I NEED days like this. I need days where I am forced to stay inside the "boat" because of the storm that rages outside.... so it made me think of Jesus in the boat with the disciples.... (one of my favorite stories - because I remember the felt story boards from Sunday School as a child!!!!)

Matthew 8:23-27

23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"
26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
27The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!"

Sometimes we just need to chill out at the bottom of the boat and "REST" in Him. I loved my easy day yesterday - where all those SOOOO important things I usually do & had to do waiting on the outside in the storm! And look - everything waited for me quite nicely :)


2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 18, 04:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At Thu Jul 20, 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home