Monday, May 15, 2006

Toilet choices & God revelations...

So I spent hours in wan chai today. Who knew there could be SO many taps, SO many tubs, SO many showers, SO many ovems, hobs & microwaves to choose from. Oh, here is what cracks me up....the amount of TOILET options. HELLO?????? This is a place I spend SO little time of the day. I mean 1 minute max/time. And one could spend upwards of $15,000 HK if you wanted to. What? NO WAY. I just don't get it. The thing that is more funny? Aaron really cares about the type we get. He has a preference. In the 15+ years of marriage I'll never understand his "toilet time". :-) It's a guy thing. I'll leave the toilet shopping to him.

So in all my shopping I thought of this.... (here's the God revelation part)

There is not ONE SINGLE corner, crevice, space or place in our 2100 square feet that we are not renovating. I mean it. It will all be touched, looked at, inspected, cared for, scraped, tiled, painted, carpeted or dressed in some fashion. So it got me thinking that this is the way GOD WANTS OUR HEARTS. We should be doing COMPLETE renovations on our souls. God cares about every corner of our spiritual life and he wants it to be the best it can be. Aaron and I aren't locking up specific areas of the house or rooms or corners and telling our designers "No, dont' touch this part, we like the old yucky apartment to stay there". NO WAY! We want the whole thing to be new and amazing. "...

Mark 2:22
And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, he pours new wine into new wineskins."

God, come in and shine your designing light on my heart and help me see every single space. Help me to surrender each corner of my heart to your will and help me become the BEST I CAN BE TO GLORIFY YOU.

4 Comments:

At Mon May 15, 11:26:00 PM, Blogger jana* said...

wow... i love it heidi! it's so difficult sometimes to crack open that door and let God see just how yucky that room is, isn't it? (as if God didn't already know...) thanks for that!

 
At Thu May 18, 08:47:00 AM, Blogger Derek said...

so i've finally found the heidi webspace.

nice blog sister.

 
At Tue Jul 18, 04:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At Thu Jul 20, 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home