Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ruled out by emotion

So, it's just one of those days when I feel... OFF.

What is it about those days when you just can't seem to get your mind, body and soul to override the emotions. It's like one day your emotions say "TODAY, I AM IN CONTROL."

I hate these days. I feel like I am outside my own body watching myself...watching me yell at my little girls (who are just acting like 6, 3 and 1 year olds!)...watching me get overly angry because I couldn't catch that bowl of cereal before it hit the floor in a huge mess...watching me get very irritated at my poor unsuspecting hubby who's just trying to ask a few questions from across the Pacific Ocean.

I keep praying
"God I know I'm not suppose to feel this way. I am in desperate need of your JOY and PEACE."
But.... JOY IS A CHOICE isn't it?

Sometimes it's the hardest choice for me to make.

A change of circumstance is usuall what can snap me out of it... a change of scenery... change of venue... change of surroundings. (Unfortunately this isn't always possible!!!)

God reminded me of this amazing scripture (Psalm 139:23-24):

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.

Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

So Heavenly Father, I ask you to purge my emotions of all my anxious, strange reactions that don't line up with your word.

Maybe someday I'll get to where I can overcome my anxious thoughts and emotions as soon as it's recognized; to choose JOY...HIS way...RIGHT AWAY.

For now I'm thankful for his AMAZING GRACE.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 08, 01:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've had a weird two days recently. What you said was cool, I receive it!

 
At Sun Jul 02, 10:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home