Sunday, June 11, 2006

Introducing our oldest...

Jasmine Holly Rogers

She is 6 years and 3 months - and Her name means “Night blooming flower" – double flower because her middle name also means flower.

We feel that she was our night blooming flower because she bloomed (or was born) when our life (in Christ) was completely dark…it was night in our faith. Have you ever smelled fresh blooming Jasmine at night? It’s a gorgeous scent - and she is what brought us to our “senses” (or “Scents-es”!!!!) and woke us up so we could start a brand new life in Christ.


I’d describe Jasmine as a “quiet-sensitive-gentle” spirit. She just has the biggest heart and is lovely to be with. She has grown up so much in this past year and is really beginning to mature in so many areas. She is actually quite obedient, and really quite disciplined in all she does.

Jasmine’s love language is MOST CERTAINLY ‘words of affirmation’. She is just the best at compliments, encouragement and kind words. She almost always has something positive to say about people.


:.: Her favorite TV shows are Art Attack on Disney and the cartoon version of Mr. Bean!

:.: Her DEFINITE favorite past-time right now is SWIMMING. She’d swim for hours and hours if she could. I guess it’s a new found skill and she can’t get enough.


:.: She loves school. I’m proud to say that she is really maturing in that area too. She’s just learning heaps and keeping up pretty well. This is SUCH good news, because last year at this time I was one WORRIED mom. Her teacher said she wasn’t doing well and needed to be held back for one year. Not a real biggie when you’re 5, so I’m glad we did it NOW.

:.: She’s a fantastic big sister. She really tries to help out and she is rarely the instigator of problems! She especially loves to blow kisses on Brianna’s big “Goodge” belly.

:.: Her favorite breakfast is Organic Fruit Loops. Her favorite lunch is “Cheese sandwich with JUST cheese and butter please”. Her favorite dinner is definitely going out to Jaspa’s for pizza. The one vegetable that she’ll eat and loves is Broccoli.

:.: Jasmine used to suck her thumb – from the time she was 4 months old (when I VERY FOOLISHLY took the dummy away from her) until she turned 5. At which point she said “Dad, I think it’s time I stop sucking my thumb now” And she did (with a little help from that disgusting ‘Bite-x’ stuff.) Now she has a dummy in her bed, with her soft t-shirt which she’s slept with since she was 3 1/2 . She doesn’t suck on the dummy though… she chews on it. Strange but true!!!!!

:.: Jasmine lost her first tooth in April this year! Cute :)

:.: FUNNY WAYS OF TALKING…..I was sitting at the table getting frustrated with the girls because they weren’t obeying. I said “Oh, why does it have to be SO DIFFICULT with you guys”. Jasmine says “Mommy it’s because you have difficult children!”

The other day she said… “So when I get to be like a grandma or another one of those other ‘old things’ will I have wrinkly hands?”

Sometimes I’ll say “Oh, good job Jasmine”. But maybe I’m semi-distracted and just telling her that while I’m doing other things… she’ll say to me, “Um, mommy, can you say it a little louder and more like you mean it?”





Jasmine you are precious to me. I know that God’s spirit is shining through you brightly. I belive that because of your extreme sensitivity you are going to speak prophetically to many people. You are going to see visions and dream amazing dreams. Go get ‘em Presh!



This picture was taken in Australia with her beloved friend Sophia Pesavento - April 2006.

7 Comments:

At Tue Jun 13, 01:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, I so look forward to your blogs since it's the ONLY communication w/you these days :-) You're such an amazing writer and I just love hearing about the girls!!!! Your mom said you might? be coming to the states end of June depending on this whole nanny thing - geese, well I hope everything works out b/c I so desperately need to see you, I miss you guys soo sooo much - give my love to the girls!!!!!!! xoxooxo - auntie Michelle

 
At Wed Jun 14, 02:54:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Ma said...

Hi Heidi! So cute!!! Can't wait for the post on your 2nd one :) Love, Linnet

 
At Thu Jun 15, 06:17:00 PM, Blogger jana* said...

jasmine is gorgeous!! i still remember the story you told us about her being afraid of the tub drain.... makes me smile all the time :)

 
At Mon Jun 19, 10:29:00 PM, Blogger crif said...

hi heidi!!!

w/the length of the post of jasmine, you put pressure on yourself to outdo w/annabel!!!!!

actually, it's awesome to have such words of life spoken over her! i hope blogger is around for another 10 years and she'll see your words of life into fruition!!!!

 
At Tue Jun 27, 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Hi! Heidi. I'm new to the Vine blog ring and am very excited to go around saying hello to everyone I know. Hello : ). Throughly enjoying how much you are enjoying your kids. Will look forward to your next post. This blog stuff is fun, I've got to be careful I don't get addicted, seems to have that kind of potential.

 
At Wed Jul 05, 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love reading about your kids! it is so cool! thanks!

 
At Sat Dec 16, 01:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K, am I doing this right?? You know how lame i am on the computer!! I loved reading all about everything in your life. I miss you tons and it was so great to be able to see you in Sept. There's defintiely got to be more of that in our future. Love your girls, your flat (Amazing!), and you and Aaron.
xo Shauna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home